Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Reading Response: The Lying Game

 I am currently reading The Lying Game by Sarah Shepard. I first decided to read this book because I've started watching the show. People normally say the books are better than the show/movie, and so far, I agree. The Lying Game is about a girl named Emma Paxton who lives with her foster family in the outskirts of Las Vegas. Emma discovers a girl that looks exactly like her from her foster brother Travis, who tells Clarice, their foster parent about it. When Emma is kicked out of her foster home, she has nowhere to go. She starts looking up this "Sutton Mercer" girl who is identical to her. Could this be a long-lost sister? This Sutton Mercer supposably lives in Arizona and is very wealthy. Emma and Sutton were identical in every single possible way. You could barley tell a difference.


Once Emma discovers videos on Youtube of Sutton, hearing her voice made her shriver. Her voice was so familiar. It was like hearing her own voice on video. Emma is positive this is her twin sister. Same looks, birthday, the only thing that wasn't the same was their lives. Emma couldn't wait. She immediately messages Sutton from Facebook. Once Sutton messages her back she was too afraid to read it. "Of course, there was one problem with that note: I didn't write it." -Emma.

No comments:

Post a Comment